Table of Contents
Scope of Special Journal of Banking, Finance, and Management [SJ-BFM], defines what manuscripts fall within its scope. It, therefore, will accept for publication
- Papers within our scope with detail on Credit risk as to the risk of loss of principal because of a borrower’s failure to repay a loan or to meet a contractual obligation and how it originates when a borrower uses future cash flow to pay current debt obligations.
- Papers within our scope with detail showing how Lenders or investors are paid back for assuming the credit risk by interest payments from the borrower or the one issuing the debt obligation and how best to calculate the potential return of investment from yields on bonds.
Credit risk calculation
- We want papers on credit risk calculation probably based on the borrower’s ability to repay the loan. Such papers should show how the lender will calculate the credit risk by taking into account the borrower’s assets and the revenue-generating capabilities of the borrower.
- We want papers within its scope with detail on Models such as credit scorecards used to rank and evaluate both existing and potential clients in relation to their risk and then to activate appropriate strategies with an emphasis on personal loans or unsecured mortgages, and how a higher credit risk entails a higher rate of interest being charged by the lender.
- Papers within its scope with detail on credit risk management describing how to maximize the bank’s risk-adjusted rate of return through maintaining the exposure to credit risk within acceptable limits with emphasis on how lenders must manage the risks that come with the advancement of credit that is built into their entire portfolio as well as the risk in the individual credits.
- Papers within its scope with detail that deal with ways to alleviate credit risk, including how the lender can obtain credit insurance on the borrower, how to use an alternative that requires very short payment terms, so that the credit risk will be for only a minimal amount of time and why lenders can also require the borrower to get a personal guarantee from somebody with substantial personal resources.
- We want papers with detail on cryptocurrencies with emphasis on, The State of Cryptocurrencies, Their Issues and Policy Interactions
- Papers on Bitcoin with emphasis on the Advantages and Disadvantages, The Market for Cryptocurrencies, Cryptocurrency and the Problem of Intermediation,
- Papers on The Potential of Digital Currency and Blockchains, is Is Bitcoin Rat Poison? Cryptocurrency, Crime, and Counterfeiting (CCC) and the Future of Money
- Papers on Bitcoin: Currency or Commodity? Bitcoin and the Coming Revolution in Financial Transactions, Bitcoin ATM: pros and cons
Duties of central banks
- We want papers with details on the duties of central banks to the maintain monetary and credit conditions favorable to sound business activity in all fields—agricultural, industrial, and commercial with an emphasis on lending to member banks, open-market operations, fixing reserve requirements, establishing discount rates, and issuing regulations concerning those and other functions.
- Papers on central’s bank’s power to influence the lending activities of banks. So long as a bank has reserves in excess of requirements, it can enlarge its extensions of credit; otherwise, it cannot increase its extensions of credit and maybe impelled to borrow additional funds. Inasmuch as the
- Central banks with powers to increase or decrease the supply of excess funds exercise considerable influence over the amount of credit that banks may extend, and how they control the credit market, and influence on the nation’s economic life.
- Papers within its scope with details on the principal means through which the central banks influence bank reserves such as open-market operations, discounts, and control over reserve requirements
- In the field of stock market speculation, the Federal Reserve authorities have a direct means of control over the use of funds, namely, through the establishment of margin requirements.
- Papers with details on how best the bank can discharge their corporate responsibilities to the public in the following duties: Safeguard your cash, Manage your finances – record keeping and budgeting, Receive your paycheck quickly using direct deposit, Facilitate financial transactions, Insure your liquid assets, Use debit and credit card services, Earn interest, Borrow loans, Invest your money, Establish a credit history
- Within the scope of the banking research, we want papers that deal with the bank as a bank outlining its roles to the stakeholders and clients with an emphasis on but not limited to: Dealing in Money (other people’s money i.e. money given by depositors), Individual/ firm/ company; Giving advances to those who require it for different purposes; Payment and withdrawal, Agency and utility services, Profit and service and orientation, Ever increasing function, Connecting, Banking business and Name identity
Next-generation research areas of interest
- Factors for Changes in retail banking centers
- Microloans and Modern financial Industry
- Retail banking financial services in rural areas
- Pros and cons in banking systems in different economies like USA and China
- Online and flat currencies : acceptance and usage
- Repayment rates in Microloan companies and traditional banks
- Effective antimony laundering techniques
- Better credit flow and boost in agriculture production in an economy
- Treatment of off-balance activities
- Internet banking and the society
- Technology and the retail banking centers and bank tellers?
- Modern economy and prevention of a the bank run?
- Cooperate social responsibility and the banking system
- Asset liability management performance in the commercial banks
- Relationship between equity performance and price in banking
- Dealing with recessions in different countries and central banks
- Housing loans, poor risk management and Recession
- Sustained progress with the hedge fund
- Extinction of brick and mortar banks
- Foreign direct investment and emerging economies
- Capital structure for retail banks
- We want papers on world-class financial analyst with emphasis on, Types of Financial Models, Compensation and salary guides, Sensitivity analysis, Bookkeeping the most common valuation methods
- Papers with detail in what to do when clients decide to nvest personal money in stocks, bonds, or guaranteed investment certificates (GICs)
- Borrow money from institutional investors by issuing bonds on behalf of a public company
- Lend money to people by providing them a mortgage to buy a house
- Build a budget and financial model for a corporation
- Save personal money in a high-interest savings account
- Develop a forecast for government spending and revenue collection
Interest rates and spreads
- We want papers with details on Interest rates and spreads, Yield (coupon payments, dividends), financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statement), Cash flow (free cash flow, other types of cash flow), Profit (net income, Cost of capital, Rates of return, Dividends and return of capital, Shareholders, Creating value, Risk and return and Behavioral finance,
- We want papers that deal with how best to apply and use finance by the following entities
- Commercial banking, Personal banking (or private banking), Investment Banking, Wealth Management, Corporate finance, Mortgages/lending; Accounting; Financial planning, Treasury, Audit, Equity research and Insurance
- We expect papers on corporate finance with details on how best to use finance from the business point of view, including details on the management of the funding of a company and its sources and uses of the capital.
- We also expect papers to deal with the management of the profit the company has made, and the loss statement.
- Papers must explain how the financial activities are related to running a company with maximum growth possible highlighting the main motif as the growth of the company.
- Papers that deal with how best the corporate finance professionals can fulfill their responsibility of managing the company’s finances with emphasis on accountants, financial analysts, and the managers and executive chief financial officers.
- Papers with details on how to escalate the shareholder profit by the long term and short term financial planning which includes but not limited to: Debt, Equity, Capital Structure, Return on Investment (ROI), Assets, Liabilities, Income Statement, Cash Flow, Cost of Capital, Balance Sheet, Revenues, Expenses, Profit.
- We want papers within its scope with detail on public finance’ with details on how to deal with the public’s financial issues with an emphasis on the revenue of the state and the expenses of the state
- We want papers on public finance with details on the arrangement of the funds and their allocation between the various parts of the activities of the state and the state’s duties.
- We want papers within its scope with detail that deal with the management of a country’s national budget, the central bank, the repository department, and other levels of government.
- We want papers within its scope with detail that deal with collecting tax revenue from the public and using that money on national duties and other programs such as making roads, and hospitals, and increasing social security and more.
- Papers should emphasize on Infrastructure spending (roads, hospitals.), Income tax, Sales tax, Property tax, Inflation, Social security, and insurance, Gross national product, Supply of money, International trading, Employment, National debt, National budget.
- We want papers within its scope with detail on personal finance that deals with the management of someone’s income which he/she is earning, or of someone’s expenses, their investments they have made in the market, and obligations.
- We want papers with details on why best banks have personal bank service, adviser for financing according to their needs, mortgage broker, and other professionals to manage their financial situation.
- We want papers on personal finance which we use on our personal level to manage our personal expenses with emphasis on but may not be limited to Credit cards, Bank accounts, Lines of credit, Employment income, Taxes, Personal spending and expenses, Savings, Investments (bonds, real estate, etc.), and Mortgages.
- Papers within its scope with detail on behavioral finance as it affects the social or psychical aspect of investments with an emphasis on the human impact on investment decision making such as biases, logic, and errors in cognition, fear, and greed.
Philosophy of making
- Papers with details on the philosophy of making and managing investments that have a social impact and social benefit on society including an economic benefit
- We want papers on not- Profits businesses that do not have stockholders and they do not require to create any kind of earnings or economic benefit, but they still require the same varieties of financial management as other for-profit companies.
- We want papers within its scope with detail on corporate finance with an emphasis on investments, cash flow performance, financial statement analysis, and international finance.
- We want papers on investment management with a novel detailed report to include but not limited to an exploration of financial markets, investment banking, and portfolio management.
Global finance, and Real Estate,
- We want papers on global finance, real estate, risk management, and financial services.
- We want papers within our scope with detail on how best clients can invest money, analyze risk, and utilize technology in planning, organizing, and managing personal and business finances with emphasis on Capital management, financial policies, fixed income securities, Future markets, and Real estate investments
- We want papers on financial economics, equity, and bond markets and fixed income markets with emphasis on capital structure theory, capital budgeting analysis, quantitative portfolio management, and financial institution management.
- Papers that deal with managing portfolios, investment firms, and large corporations with emphasis on Game theory, Bankruptcy management, Mergers and acquisitions, Hedge funds, and Venture capital
The scope of the Special Journal of Banking, Finance, and Management SJ-BFM defines the extent of what we will publish and what we will not. Thus SJ-BFM will accept within its scope of publication for consideration original and peer-reviewed papers included but not limited to the following list:
- Papers with details on Strategic management with an emphasis on an organization’s overall strategy formation and execution with the goal of growing and sustaining competitive advantage using its assigned executive portfolio to achieve its objective.
- Papers on the Management of sales territories, teams or accounts with emphasis on targeted sales, territorial challenges mitigation, effective team playing and motivation attributes, quality assurance and other efforts to maintain strategic advantage and leverage overall odds to achieve objectives and meet the set target
- Papers within our scope and with details on the Management of new dynamic marketing strategies, products update qualities, values, societal acceptance of the brands and promotions with the ultimate goal of meeting set targets and achieving company primary business objectives
- Papers with details on Managing communications between an organization and the public, using an autocratic management style, characterized by strong, centralized control with a single source of authority where communication flows from the top to down and team members are expected to follow orders. Such papers may use a consultative management style, with the policy and decision making still resting with managers and owners, but those higher-ups encourage a two-way form of communication.
- Papers within our scope and with details on the management of production of goods and services with an emphasis on everything from manufacturing management to retail management.
Product, Supplier, Customers
- Papers within our scope with details on managing the process of moving a product or service from supplier to customer.
- Papers with details on Managing the acquisition of goods and services from external sources.
- Papers within our scope with details on Managing financial and accounting processes and teams.
- Papers with details on designing new ways to attract, hire, train, compensate, reward, and manage the performance of employees with an emphasis on forming and overseeing an organization’s culture.
- Papers within our scope with details on Managing information technology teams and processes.
- Papers within our scope with details on the management of research & development processes and teams.
Engineering products, development, construction
- Papers with details on Managing the application of engineering to business solutions such as new product development, manufacturing, and construction.
- Papers within our scope with details on Program management of an ongoing portfolio of projects.
- Papers with details on Project management such as the planning, organization, and control of projects.
- Papers within our scope and with details on Risk management such as the discipline of identifying, assessing, and controlling the chance that objectives and processes will have negative consequences.
- Papers within our scope with details on Change management which applies to a structured approach to business change with the goal of change management to help organizations and teams make smooth transitions to target states.
- Papers with details on the management of quality planning, control, assurance, and improvement.
Management of innovation processes
- Papers with details on the management of innovation processes such as strategy, research & development, or organizational change.
- Papers within our scope with details on the management of design processes such as new product design.
- Papers with details on the management of facilities such as offices and data centers.
- Papers with details on Knowledge management that enables the identification, creation, representation, distribution, and use of knowledge, a critical field in a knowledge-driven economy.
- Papers with details on autocratic management that motivates employees externally through rewards and penalties with emphasis on how to improve on the advantages as management best suited for times of crisis or when time constraints demand rapid action.
- Such papers should show how to turn around the disadvantages of autocratic management styles such as staff fear or dislike management; stimulates a need for constant supervision which comes with a cost, and creates poor working relationships due to its rapid punitive measures.
- Papers with details on why consultative management style, policy, and decision making still rests with managers and owners, but those higher-ups encourage a two-way form of communication
- Papers within our scope with details on the need to hold discussions with team members to hear their opinions and input prior to finalizing a decision.
Consultative management styles
- Papers should highlight how consultative management styles allow for an effective way to involve employees in the large-scale activities of your company while describing how to balance its disadvantages which may include but not limited to it is: more expensive, slow the decision-making process, delay the implementation of important changes
- Papers within our scope with details with details on the authoritative autocratic management style needed in a situation where there are new management and the workplace appear disordered, lacking in order and structure and also the old employees tend to slack off and are in need of disciplinary action to move on.
- Papers within our scope with details on result based consultative management with details on how things may be done very well with efficiency and on time. Such papers should outline delegated responsibilities and amenability to change as the bedrock to efficient and time-bound result-oriented management.
- Papers with details on The Laissez-Faire participative type of management style that requires an extremely laid-back attitude and a great deal of confidence in the staff members. Such papers should outline the involvement of employees in management and the power of employee autonomy in bringing out the best while ultimately positively impacting the overall outcome of results.
- Papers within our scope with details that deal with the collaborative participative approach to leadership though similar to the democratic style but differs in one significant way by actively soliciting feedback from team members about company policies because of the need to have real, thoughtful conversations about improving the business, which empowers the staff and may even provide some innovative solutions.
Example-setting and persuasive management
- Papers with details on example-setting and persuasive management that requires leadership by consistently setting an impeccable example of the kind of work standards you expect at your business with the bar being set by your actions and your actions alone and concisely showing how the ethics of the business may be impacted
- Papers within our scope with details on The affiliative and persuasive management that is humble, hard-working, and confident demonstrating the need for managers to make themselves part of the team to lead from the front and with emphasis on finding ways for managerial affiliation to the staff who also will reciprocate the gesture with respect and hard work
- Papers within our scope with details on the charismatic and persuasive management style, built around the personality and charm of the manager but with an emphasis on developing personal relationships with staff and building a team in the workplace and Employees maximum cooperation is based on the fact that they understand the fact that you’re interested in knowing them as individuals.